Saturday, February 23, 2008

The tale of the princess and the potty

We are still in this challenge for the long haul, it appears. Kira wouldn't even go near the potty until recently, but seems to be doing ok as far as potty goes...when she wants to. MOST days, she gets herself to the potty, does her thing, even dumps out the potty and flushes before calling to me for hand-washing help. I even saw her streaking past me the other day when I was in my delirious stomach flu bug...taking care of herself just fine! But, when it comes to her poop, we are having a battle. Now, I KNOW she knows she is about to poop...
How? Because she ALWAYS runs into a closet and shuts the door. So, if she knows to run there...it seems she could run to the potty. And the two times she DID poop in the potty (by accident) she was jumping up and doen for joy. So, what gives?
Just pray with me that she learns fast, as we have a preschool beginning in the fall that she needs to be out of the pull-ups and into the panties!

No comments: